THE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE REGULATIONS 1927
19th July 1927
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Agricultural Produce (Trade Marks) Regulations, 1927.
2. Any person-
(1) packing any kind of the following articles of agricultural produce, namely- coffee, pimento, ginger, cacao, oranges, shaddocks. grapefruit, lemons, limes, pineapples, mangoes, kola or bissie. annatto. nutmegs. orange oil; and
(2) exporting any of the above-mentioned articles of agricultural produce for the purposes of trade, shall respectively register for the purposes of the Agricultural Produce Act, one trade mark under the provisions of any enactment for the time being in force relating to trade marks, and shall mark every package or bag or container of any such produce packed or exported by him with a representation of such trade mark in a plain and conspicuous manner with the words “Registered Trade Mark” immediately above the same.
3. The exportation of any such produce not so marked is prohibited.
4. The following fees shall be payable in respect of the trade marks to be placed on packages of produce exported in lieu of any fees for such purpose heretofore made payable under the Trade Marks Law. On application to register a trade mark for one or more of the articles mentioned in the Third and Fourth Schedules of the Act (save and except bananas) 25 cents
For registration of a trade mark for one or more of the articles mentioned in the Third and Fourth Schedules of the Act (save and except bananas) ... ... 50 cents
On application to register a subsequent proprietor in cases of assignment or transmission of one or more marks- For one mark ... ... ... 50 cents
For each additional mark ... ... 20 cents For renewal of registration of mark at expiration of last registration ... ... 50 cents
Additional fee under rule 67 of the Trade Marks Rules, 1958 ... ... 25 cents
Additional fee under rule 68 of the Trade Marks Rules, 1958 ... ... ... ... ... 50 cents. ...